Government HR Links
Government HR Links
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – www.bls.gov – Key employment and business statistics including: CPI, ECI, PPI and the unemployment rate)
- U.S. Business Advisor – business.usa.gov – Sponsored by the Small Business Administration this site is designed to be a one-stop access point for federal government information, services and transactions related to businesses.
- Environmental Protection Agency – www.epa.gov – Federal environmental rules and regulations
- National Labor Relations Board – www.nlrb.gov – Home page of the U.S. National Labor Relations Board (rules and regulations related to employer-union relationships including union elections and unfair labor practices)
- Department of Labor – www.dol.gov – Home page of the U.S. Department of Labor (information about federal employment laws and regulations)
- U.S. House of Representatives – www.house.gov – Official site of the United States House of Representatives (status of current legislation, legislative calendar and links to individual House members)
- U.S. Senate – www.senate.gov – Official site of the United States Senate (status of current legislation, legislative calendar and links to individual senators)
- Small Business Administration – www.sba.gov – Homepage of the federal agency dedicated to supporting small businesses (any company with less than 500 employees).
State – Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania General Assembly – www.legis.state.pa.us – Homepage of the Pennsylvania General Assembly – provides access to current legislative issues, the legislative calendar, the Pennsylvania House and its members and the Pennsylvania Senate and its members
- Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce – www.greaterphilachamber.com – Pro-business advocacy group that also provides some business-related information and services for companies in and around the city of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation – www.dot.state.pa.us – Licensing and vehicle regulation information for the state of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue – www.revenue.state.pa.us – Direct site for Pennsylvania tax issues including filing on-line business tax forms
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection – www.dep.state.pa.us – Source for information about Pennsylvania’s rules and regulations regarding the environment with key links for business compliance
- Team Pennsylvania – www.teampa.com – Homepage of the Team Pennsylvania Foundation: a business resource network for the state
- Pennsylvania State Data Center – www.pasdc.hbg.psu.edu – Demographic (census) information for the state of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Home Page – www.state.pa.us – Pennsylvania’s homepage – it can serve as a portal to key state business information and electronic services such as on-line business tax submissions
State – New Jersey
- New Jersey Business Issues – http://www.state.nj.us/Business.shtml – One-stop access point for business-related issues in New Jersey
- New Jersey State Data Center -www.wnjpin.net/OneStopCareerCenter/LaborMarketInformation/njsdc/njsdcwho.html – Demographic (census) information for the state of New Jersey
- New Jersey Permits & Licenses – http://www.state.nj.us/njbiz/r_lic_and_cert.shtml – Information about permits, licenses and certifications for business in New Jersey
- New Jersey Business Services – http://www.state.nj.us/njbiz/o_services.shtml – On-line business services, e.g., filing and paying the New Jersey sales and use tax
- New Jersey Legislature – www.njleg.state.nj.us – Homepage of the New Jersey State Legislature – provides access to current legislative issues, the legislative calendar, New Jersey Assembly members and New Jersey Senate members
- New Jersey Home Page – www.state.nj.us – New Jersey’s homepage – it can serve as a portal to key state business information and electronic services
- Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey – www.chambersnj.com – Pro-business advocacy group that also provides some business-related information and services for companies in southern New Jersey
State – Delaware
- Delaware General Assembly – www.legis.state.de.us – Homepage of the Delaware General Assembly – provides access to current legislative issues, the legislative calendar, the Delaware House of Representatives including individual House members and Delaware State Senate including individual Senate members
- Delaware Economic Development Office – www.state.de.us/dedo/ – Delaware state office for business development includes demographic business information for the state.
- Delaware Home Page – www.delaware.gov – Homepage for the state of Delaware – portal to virtually all governmental links relevant to business interaction with the state including legislative tracking, licensing requirements, paying taxes and finding demographic information
- Delaware State Chamber of Commerce – www.dscc.com – Pro-business advocacy group that also provides some business-related information and services for companies in the state of Delaware
- Delaware Employee/Employer Issues -http://www.delaware.gov/EGOV/Portal.nsf/CategoryPages/Business–Employee+Services – Links page for employee-employer issues such as workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, workforce diversity, etc.
- Delaware Business Issues – http://www.delaware.gov/eGov/Portal.nsf/MainPages/Business?open – Links page for business-related concerns in Delaware
- World-at-Work – www.worldatwork.org – Formerly the American Compensation Association – professional association providing information and services to compensation and benefits specialists
- Benefits Link – www.benefitslinks.com/ – National link to information and services related to employee benefits.
- PENNJERDEL Employee Benefits and Compensation Association (PEBA) – www.peba.org – Non-profit association providing educational programs to benefits and compensation professionals in the tri-state area
- ASTD – www.astd.org – Professional association providing information and services to training specialists National Association of
- Manufacturers – www.nam.org – Public policy advocacy group promoting pro-business and pro-manufacturing legislation Employer
- Association Group – http://www.nam.org/s_nam/doc1.asp?CID=49&DID=201857 – Links to 62 regional employer associations who provide human resource information and services
- Pennsylvania Manufacturers Association (PMA) – www.pamanufacturers.org – Public policy advocacy group promoting pro-business and pro-manufacturing legislation for the commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – www.uschamber.com – Pro-business advocacy group at the national level that also provides some business-related information and services
- Society for Human Resources Management – www.shrm.org – Information about human resource legislation, trends and news.
- Trade Adjustment Assistance – www.taacenters.org. – A federal program that provides financial assistance to manufacturers affected by import competition
- Drug and Alcohol Screening – www.4intercept.com – MEA has partnered with OraSure Technologies to offer members the OraSure product Intercept. OraSure Technologies markets Intercept®, the first laboratory-based oral fluid drug and alcohol test, includes simplified collection, faster results, cost savings, and minimized risk of adulteration. Intercept® oral fluid drug and alcohol test provides a smart alternative to costly, inconvenient and often embarrassing urine drug testing. Register for access and create your own User ID and Password.
- Skill-Based Pre-Employment Testing – www.wonderlic.com – In business since 1937, Wonderlic, Inc. is a founding member of the Association of Test Publishers. Wonderlic publishes tests that have been approved by the U.S. Department of Education and the American Council on Education. Some Assessments to be offered include: • Employee Reliability Inventory • HAY Aptitude Test battery • Pre-valuate Windows & Interactive