Conducting a prompt investigation into complaints of harassment, discrimination, violence, or other violations, is not only important in order to properly identify, address, and prevent recurrence of these problems, but it can also be crucial for establishing a legal defense to potential claims, while simultaneously preparing a comprehensive legal defense strategy to those claims.
What Types of Suspected Workplace Issues Warrant Investigations?
How you respond to these complaints could make the difference between a prompt and effective resolution of the matter, and an expensive and drawn-out lawsuit.
- Harassment or Discrimination
- Safety Violations
- Violence or Threats of Violence
- Drug or Alcohol Use or Possession
- Theft, Fraud, or other Criminal Activity
- Violations of Other Company Policies
The Best Investigation is Often One That is Performed by a 3rd Party.
When dealing with a potentially costly employee situation, it can be more effective to use a “neutral” third party to conduct the investigation. The benefits to you include:
- Expertise and Experience of a professional investigator
- Increased Objectivity due to lower familiarity with the individuals involved
- Improved Perception by employees that investigation is fair and independent
- Witnesses are more apt to disclose information to an outside party
MEA’s Third-Party Investigation Services Are Conducted By Skilled And Experienced HR Professionals and Attorneys.
Our investigator will work with you to identify the issues, communicate employee expectations, define the scope of the project, and develop an approach to ensure a thorough and unbiased investigation. MEA investigations include:
- Comprehensive Investigation and Interviewing conducted by a seasoned professional
- Comprehensive Investigation Report with Factual Findings
- Attorney/Client Privilege (if necessary, or when specifically requested)
- Post-Investigation Recommendations Consulting, or Legal Advice (when requested and under separate engagement)