MEA Roundtables, a service available to Members only, are intended to give the Members’ staff opportunities for professional exchange and learning with peers.
MEA Roundtables are an exclusive peer forum for discussing questions and issues related to a professional field and for drawing on the combined business experience of peers. The meetings also contribute to the participants’ professional development through peer interactions.
“Master the Tactics” HR Roundtable
Perfect for the HR generalist or administrator, this roundtable group will focus primarily on the tactical implementation of HR practices and compliance. Sample agenda items include:
- Are your policies and practices up-to-date?
- The fine line of HR: The role of objectivity
- Effective open enrollment strategies
- FMLA administration
“HR Business Partner” Roundtable
Typical participants are C-Level, or report to C-Level within an organization and regularly make decisions that impact the workforce. Sample agenda items include:
- Reinventing the performance management process
- Is your compensation structure working for you?
- Tactics for management training
- How to influence and get buy-in on your ideas
- FMLA management
Environmental, Health & Safety Roundtable
Industry professionals that have been tasked with EHS compliance at their facilities meet quarterly to discuss EHS compliance topics and share knowledge and experiences. The group is facilitated by a Senior EHS professional. Sample agenda items include:
- EHS Compliance due dates
- Environmental reports review
- New OSHA/EPA/DEP initiatives
- Recent enforcement actions
- Sharing of innovative compliance ideas
- Various EHS topic briefings
- Supplied EHS compliance guidance materials
HR Roundtable – New Jersey
Participants get the opportunity to discuss the unique complexities of New Jersey employment law with a variety of subject-matter experts. Sample agenda items include:
- FMLA/NJ FMLA Challenges
- FLSA Guidelines: Can you dock an exempt employee?
- HR Big Data Trends
- Aging Workforce & Succession Planning