Basics of Federal Employment Laws
Law review isn’t just for law students.
Federal employment law governs every aspect of employer-employee relations, beginning with pre-employment inquiries… meaning incorrect HR practices can land you in trouble with an employee even before he or she is hired!
Lawyer up with “The Basics of Federal Employment Laws”, a one day course that provides an overview of primary federal employment laws and how they impact your workplace. You’ll leave with an understanding of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act, rules governing discrimination, and how to properly manage employees with disabilities.
- Obtain a basic knowledge of primary federal employment laws and how they affect the workplace
- Understand the Fair Labor Standards Act and exempt/non-exempt job classifications
- Become more knowledgeable of Title VII
- Determine between lawful and unlawful pre-employment inquiries
- Explore reasonable accommodation under the ADA
- Understand the interplay between FMLA and ADA
- Understand how recent changes in the FMLA and ADA will affect organizations