Communication for a Diverse Workforce
Differences in culture, generation, style, race, sex and religion all add up to miscommunication.
This session is designed to increase awareness and understanding of differences among people so that we can communicate better; it is critical to organizational success. Learning to step into each others’ shoes establishes a common ground, encourages dialogue, and creates a shared understanding. The global environment we work in today requires us to collaborate despite our differences. Identifying barriers, building strategies, and acquiring the “know-how” to interact effectively across differences is the focus of this session.
- Define what being “different” means and its impact on communication
- Understand the benefits of a culturally diverse workplace
- Identify the 6 Dimensions of Diversity
- Observe a “real-to-life” case study of a collaborative multi-cultural society
- Understand where an individual’s values fit-in the equation of differences
- Assess communication styles in order to better understand ourselves & others
- Explore generational differences that impact our ability to communicate
- Identify strategies that help us relate to people who are different than ourselves