Lean is a powerful instrument for improving operations. It enables organizations to service customers in the fastest, most productive manner possible by eliminating non-value added activities
These non-value added activities are known as the Seven Wastes: extra motion, overproduction, unnecessary movement, waiting, inventory, rework and transport. Lean utilizes a methodical set of tools – visual management techniques, pull systems, balanced work, cellular production, work teams and standardization – in order to fight them.
From insurance and health care to production and distribution, a diverse group of industries have benefited from these processes, and the results are proven.
Benefits of Lean:
- Increase speed within your company to serve customers faster
- Improve productivity through elimination of non-value added activities
- Reduce inventory
- Create a visual workplace where everyone knows what needs to be accomplished
Participants will learn the Five Main Tools of Lean:
- Learn how to Value Stream Map and identify and quantify waste in your organization
- Utilize 5S Visual Management to improve productivity through organization and standardization
- Process Flow Map and eliminate non-value added activities
- Create a Pull System using Kanban Inventory Control
- Streamline work processes using Flow Velocity® analysis and design