Stepping Up to Management
So you want to be a supervisor?
Making the move to leadership isn’t solely about being the best at what you do. And, it’s no longer about being responsible for your own work load; instead, you will need an entirely new set of skills to be successful. In this transition to supervisor, individual contributors find they all face unexpected challenges. Participants attending this session will have the chance to examine exactly what it takes to lead others.
There are 8 critical questions to identify whether management is a good fit. Through these targeted questions and other assessments, the necessary skills needed for development will be identified by each individual attending. Rewards, challenges and what it takes to be a manager will all be explored in a highly interactive format.
- Examine the role and how it’s different from being an individual contributor
- Defining skills, competencies, responsibilities & challenges when managing
- Assessing if the role is right for you
- Balancing and managing tasks and people through planning and organizing
- Examining a Performance Management model for a holistic view
- Understanding the role of communication and its link to managing effectively
- Knowing what it takes to motivate and engage others
- Defining the art and science of delegation
- Identify strategies to build the skill level of employees including feedback
- Create a development action plan to step-up