MEA Contract Standard Terms & Conditions
- Quoted prices will be effective for 90 days from the Proposal Date.
- All information provided by Company will be treated as confidential and proprietary by MEA, and any consultants contracted by MEA to assist with the delivery of services.
- Other requested meetings, training sessions, or work beyond the scope of work outlined in this proposal will be billed at our prevailing hourly member rate.
- Additional charges may be incurred for reimbursable expenses such as travel, lodging, or mileage which will be billed at the prevailing IRS rate.
- Company will be billed a 30% non-refundable deposit of the project price at the acceptance of the proposal to initiate the project unless stated otherwise. Remainder of the project will be billed as incurred on the 30th of each month.
- Cancellation Policy: If Company cancels this project; Company will be billed for hours spent on the project up to the date of cancellation at MEA’s prevailing hourly rate. For training projects, if the event is cancelled more than 21 days prior to the scheduled event date, Company will lose the 30% deposit. If the event is cancelled less than 21 days prior to the scheduled event date, Company will be billed the full project fee. Cancellation requests will be accepted in writing only.
- Scheduling/Rescheduling Policy: For training projects, events not scheduled within 6 months of contract acceptance are subject to a price change. If the event is rescheduled more than 21 days prior to the scheduled event date, Company will be billed a 10% rescheduling fee. If the event is rescheduled less than 21 days prior to the scheduled event date, Company will be billed a 50% rescheduling fee. Rescheduling requests will be accepted in writing only.
- Special Project Provisions:
- For full cycle recruiting projects, company will be billed $3,000 Engagement Fee, which is non-refundable at the commencement of the search. 15% of the agreed upon starting base salary will be billed after the selected candidate is hired. Should duplicate resumes be submitted by MEA and alternative sources during the course of the search, candidate ownership will be designated by the physical day and time stamp of the email in which the resume was presented.
- For market pricing projects, MEA normally requests an employee demographic data file in order to make market comparisons for each benchmark job and recommendations at the end of the study. Company will provide a demographic data file containing, among other items, employee job titles that are consistent with job documentation cited in #1. To the extent that data provided must be cleaned by MEA for consistency, this may result in an additional charge to Company.
- For training projects, companies have the ability to send employees who were unable to attend the training/s to a public workshop at a 50% discount expiring three months from training date. In order to receive the discounted price registrations must be made through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For training projects, all workshops, seminars, presentations etc. constitute proprietary content owned by MEA and cannot be reproduced or recorded unless written consent is provided by MEA. Companies looking purchase a license to record or reproduce specific content should reach out to Margaret Uhrich, MEA’s Managing Director of Learning & Strategic HR, at email@example.com for more information.
- The Company acknowledges and agrees that neither MEA, nor any person or entity that provides services to MEA, will be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or other damages as a result of or arising from these services, based on any claim for breach of contract, negligence, tort or other theory for any acts or omissions relative to the project. In the event it is determined that proper services have not been provided, MEA will, at its option and as the company’s sole remedy, provide such additional services as may be required within the scope of these services, or refund the fee paid by the company for these services.
- A work schedule for the project will be determined after Company accepts this proposal and establishes a date when it is available for MEA to begin. After that time the project start and completion time frames will be negotiated based upon availability.
- Company acknowledges that MEA provides free access to its employees and consultants who are valuable to MEA’s business. Company therefore agrees not to hire, employ, or engage for services (in any manner whatsoever) any consultant provided by MEA pursuant to this Agreement (other than through MEA pursuant to this Agreement) for the entire time that the consultant is engaged and/or employed by MEA (in any role or position and for any purpose) and for a period of 12 months afterwards. In the event the Company violates this provision, it shall pay MEA a placement fee equal to 20% of the hired person’s first year expected total gross compensation and/or remuneration (“Placement Fee”). Such payment shall be due upon the person’s first day of work with and/or services provided to the Company. However, the following sliding scale applies to the Placement Fee:
Length of Time Consultant Provided Services to Company Through MEA Placement Fee Percentage 3 months up to 6 months 15% 6 months up to 12 months 10% 12 months or more 0%