Affirmative Action Plans
Are you required to have an Affirmative Action Plan?
Does your organization do business with the US government?
A written Affirmative Action Plan is required by Executive Order 11246 if your organization:
- Has a Government Contractor subcontract for $50,000 or more during a 12-month period
- Has 50 or More Employees. Has your organization recently crested the 50 employee mark, or have you been over 50 but just engaged in the government bidding process?
- Is a Financial Institution that is an issuing and paying agent for U.S. savings bonds or saving notes.
What is an Affirmative Action Plan?
Fundamentally, an Affirmative Action Program is a management tool to ensure equal employment opportunity.
An AAP includes the policies, practices, and procedures that a federal contractor implements to ensure that all qualified applicants and employees receive an equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, advancement, and every other term and privilege associated with employment.
MEA’s comprehensive AAP development support services include:
- Consultation & Plan Design including narratives for veterans, individuals with disabilities, minorities, and females.
- Reporting & Analysis. We can produce all AAP-required statistical reports including impact ratio and compensation analyses
- Policy Review. We can update your current policy or create your Affirmative Action Policies from scratch.
- Audit Defense. Should your plan be audited by the OFCCP, MEA Partner MSEC will prepare and defend you.