Diversity, Inclusion, and Civility in the Workplace
For: All Employees | 3 Hours | Interactive Online or In-Person
- Designed for employees to collaborate with others in a teambuilding environment.
- Intended to initiate dialogue among participants, to increase awareness and understanding.
- This is an introductory level, facilitated discussion that allows for and promotes participant contribution.
Do your employees respect one another, your customers, and your company as a whole, regardless of race, gender, and sexual orientation? No matter how hard you try to foster a positive workplace culture, it can all be undone in a moment by one rogue tweet, email, or comment across the water cooler.
A culture of workplace respect and inclusion —one in which harassment is simply not tolerated—must come from the top. But implementation can be difficult and ensuring that employees understand the basic concepts and skills necessary to contribute to an inclusive environment can elude even the savviest HR people managers. But help is here.
With insight, understanding, and skill development, participants can learn to value differences as opportunities and strengths and to better understand that a culture of trust and respect enhances team efforts and goal attainment.
- Better understand the concepts of diversity, inclusion, empathy, and respect, including the difference between these concepts and how each one is part of embracing a diverse workforce.
- Increase awareness of diversity in the workplace, including characteristics such as: age, gender, race, family status, socioeconomic background, religion, disability, and more.
- Gain an awareness of the impact of actions upon others, the organization, and the individual.
- Develop introductory understanding of stereotypes and unconscious bias.
- Improve skills in communicating from diverse perspectives to help enhance workplace inclusion.
- Includes a framework for handling mistakes and using them to build trust and respect in the workplace.