Discipline and Termination Strategies for Managers
If only managing discipline in the workplace could be as easy as using a time out chair.
When employees act out of hand, supervisors are the first line of defense against claims of improper treatment, discrimination, or even wrongful discharge. And how you handle those claims can make a substantial legal difference.
In “Discipline and Termination Strategies for Managers” you’ll learn the concept of progressive discipline, how and when to apply corrective actions and what the steps are within the termination process that will help avoid claims of wrongful discharge and/or discrimination. You’ll learn the difference between Employee Relations and Labor Relations, and gain an understanding of the Employment at Will doctrine.
- Learn how and when to apply corrective actions and terminations to ensure the actions are legal, fair and consistent
- Understand the concepts of progressive discipline
- Learn the steps within the termination process that help to avoid claims of wrongful discharge and/or discrimination
Friday, November 2, 2018 | 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM | Register Now
Part of “Advanced Leadership Certificate Series”
Who Should Attend
- Experienced HR Generalists
- Employees Identified for Advancement
- Team Leads
234 Mall Blvd. Suite G-50
King of Prussia, PA 19406
CEU: 0.4 credits
$230 – Volume Discount (3 or more for this class date) $195/person Includes all training materials & morning beverage.