Handling Difficult People
Learn to manage difficult colleagues with gloves—kid gloves, not boxing gloves. Having even one difficult person in your department can tax your restraint and deplete the time and energy you need to supervise your team. “Handling Difficult People” teaches you how to manage challenging colleagues without sacrificing everyone else to the process. This four hour workshop is designed to help you learn to recognize difficult behavior before it gets out of hand and to understand why difficult people behave the way they do.
You’ll work with three part problem solving models and study a five step process from communication to planned resolution. And you’ll leave with an action plan to address situations in your workplace.
- Learn to identify signs of difficult behavior before a situation gets out of hand
- Remove the mystery: Get to the core of why difficult people behave the way they do
- Uncover an approach to communicate with the employee to understand the cause of their behavior
- Use a 3 part problem solving model to help diagnose and resolve your situation
- Follow a 5-step process from communication to planned resolution when engaged in a conflict
- Understand and use skills to help control your and their emotions when dealing with difficult people and situations
- Create an action plan to address your situation back at work