This class looks at management from a broad brush stroke perspective and then drills down into key skills needed to manage effectively. In today’s fast paced and ever changing environment both new and experienced supervisors need to examine what it takes to be effective and get results. In a recent study by Gallup out of 7,000 respondents 50% said they quit because of their manager. Supervisors are a company’s first line of defense, and knowing how to manage effectively can make the difference.
- Defining what it takes to be effective as a manager
- Exploring the challenges that get in the way
- Looking at the driving forces that have evolved how managers engage with employees today
- Examining how to motivate employees of multi-generations
- Defining engagement and 12 practices that can be adopted to influence employees to become more engaged
- Identifying what it takes to develop employees through a 4-step training process
- Understanding a 5 step process for delegation and the power of delegation and accountability
Part of MEA’s Foundational Leadership Certificate Series. Fee includes all training materials & catered lunch. (in-person).
Who Should Attend
New Supervisors and existing Supervisors looking to refresh and become more current in their management skills