Managing People through Motivation
Some people are born motivated. Others have to be, well…motivated.
Whether your employees report in every day to the floor or from an off-site network, the success of your organization depends a great deal on the motivation they bring to the job.
“Managing People Through Motivation” uses case studies from top-notch Fortune 500 companies to help you identify specific methods you can use to improve employee motivation. You’ll learn how to use observation tools to find out what motivates your employees and you’ll study classic motivational theories.The results will help you influence the behaviors of others and tweak your own behavior to improve your bottom line.
- Know what it means to engage people; discuss the meaning of motivation by getting to the core of what impacts your employees’ productivity
- Get your employees charged; find out what makes them tick through examining and understanding some of the classics in motivational theory
- Learn how to use observation tools presented in this session to drill down to what truly motivates your employees
- Understand and appreciate that motivation begins with each individual
- Use the C.A.R.E. model to identify specific methods you can use to improve employee motivation through case studies from top-notch fortune 500 companies
CPE: 6 credits
CEU: 0.6 credits