Public Speaking: Powerful Presentation Skills (2 days)
If all the world’s a stage, it’s time to learn how to leave your fear in the wings and take your place in the spotlight.
Successful public speakers enjoy being in front of a crowd because they understand what their audience is interested in and they know how to engage their listeners. But they weren’t born knowing how to do so.
Public speaking is a skill that can be acquired. And “Public Speaking: Powerful Presentation Skills” takes you through the steps necessary to acquire that skill, from building a successful presentation to learning how to manage anxiety and demonstrate self-confidence.
- Present information showing organization and understanding of the topic
- Identify needs of the audience and how best to engage them
- Demonstrate self-confidence when speaking to groups
- Use delivery skills to enhance the presentation
- Use visuals to support the presentation
- Answer questions from the audience effectively
- Learn physical skills and body language to give effective presentations
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of these skills through delivering mini presentations which are recorded for review and feedback
- Gain confidence in presenting
CEU: 1.2 credits