Embracing Vulnerability and Feedback: A Journey in Leadership and Personal Growth
Discover the inspiring stories and valuable lessons shared in these three podcast episodes. From Culture Plus turning their failing company around with a culture of love, to leaders embracing vulnerability and feedback for personal growth, and a former F-18 fighter pilot sharing insights on functional leadership, these episodes offer valuable insights for aspiring leaders around the world. Learn how to lead with love, prioritize people and culture, navigate challenges in the hospitality industry, and foster a culture of collaboration and psychological safety. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Better People Podcast:
- Clear communication and empathy are vital in times of uncertainty and change.
- Functional leadership allows the most qualified person, regardless of their position on the org chart, to step up and lead.
- The book “Love as a Business Strategy” was written based on the founders’ experience of transforming their failing company by embracing a culture of love.
- The founders realized their selfishness and fear-based environment were destroying their business, leading them to bring a culture of love into their organization.
- The founders’ commitment and sacrifices, such as selling their personal assets, demonstrated their dedication to saving the company and creating a better work environment.
- Celebrating failures and creating psychological safety promotes growth and excellence within teams.
- Adopting functional leadership may require a transformational shift within an organization, but the results are worth it.
- The Haverford Trust Company
- ICONA Resorts
- Merion Cricket Club
- United States Naval Academy
- MidAtlantic Employers’ Association (MEA)
Connect with the guests:
- Mohammad Anwar on LinkedIn
- Frank Danna on LinkedIn
- Erin Hughes on LinkedIn
- Lisa Sickel on LinkedIn
- Michelle Gloviak on LinkedIn
- Jack Becker on LinkedIn
Connect with our hosts: