One Way Employers Provide Basic Mental Health Resources
In July of this year, we provided LifeSpeak, a Mental Health and Well-Being Platform, to our Member Employers, their employees and immediate family members. LifeSpeak is a non-intimidating first step towards gaining valuable education to manage mental health and wellness! Users get instant access to expert advice on a broad range of topics through video trainings, tip sheets, blogs, and monthly web chats with experts. LifeSpeak is available anywhere, anytime, and is 100% confidential.
In 2022, our Members…
- Accessed 977 resources (videos, audio podcasts, tip sheets, transcripts, Webchat archives, Expert Q&As, Expert Blog articles).
- Spent 5,608 Minutes watching and reading resources.
- Viewed 93% of 180 Provided Video Trainings.
Top 10 Resources Accessed by Topic Categories
- Mental Health: 413
- Resilience and Mindfulness: 190
- Physical Health: 178
- Relationships: 52
- Personal and Professional Development: 50
- Parenting and Eldercare: 35
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: 31
- Question of the Week: 22
- Financial Health: 6
Top 10 Most Popular Videos
- I don’t feel well emotionally, and I can’t get up in the morning; what can I do?
- Anxiety in women
- Your gut, your brain, and mental health
- Overcoming the impact of stress on your nervous system
- Mental health’s impact on physical health
- Breaking the stress-sleepless cycle
- How mindfulness is a core resiliency skill (with guided breathing exercise)
- Using mindfulness to navigate emotionally challenging situations at work
- The impact of guilt and shame on women’s mental health
- Modern life stress triggers and their impact on your work (with guided grounding exercise)
Top 10 Most Popular Blogs
- When Your Partner Is a Chronic Complainer
- 7-min Guided Meditation: Get Out of Your Own Head
- How Employers Can Protect Workers from Isolation and Loneliness (And Why It’s Crucial to Their Mental Health)
- Yoga Poses to Aid with Digestion
- 3 Ways To Disconnect From Work
- The Powerful Role Nature Can Play in Supporting Your Health
- Understanding Mental Illness: What are the basics that I should know?
- I understand the importance of taking time off, however, this usually results in an increased workload after. How can I manage this?
- Kindness, Karma, and The Compassion Contagion
- 10-min Guided Meditation: Scan the Body, Relax the Mind
We are thrilled to see Members, their employees, and their families utilize LifeSpeak to address real life challenges and concerns everyone faces today. LifeSpeak is available to Essential & Premier Members with 250 employees or less. For Members with 250-999 employees, there is a $1,000 surcharge payable to LifeSpeak. Please contact your Member Representative for pricing if you have more than 1,000 employees.
To bring LifeSpeak to your employees, sign up today! MEA Members also have access to 4 other employee-based programs. Learn about how you can enrich your employee experience.